Sunday, May 20, 2012

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike-Day 50 mile 680ish

Let me get my bitchin out of the way first:
1. My foot is killing me!
2. My camera drowned due to all the rain-had to bu new camera
3. Got a nice gash on my forhead (not a scratch) from the van door hitting me in the head.
4. Did I mention my foot is killing me? :)
Ok....now that's out of the way! Todays hiking was pretty good. A lot of ups and downs, but it was clear sky and even had a few pretty views. Ran into a guy who I met heading into Bland and thought would be so far up the trail I wouldn't see him again. He took 1-2 days off in Pearisburg to wait on new shoes (which unfortunatley didn't come in). We chatted for a few by the Giant Keffer Oak Tree (one of the largest if the largest tree on the trail). Left him there and made my way to Niday Shelter. I walk up to the shelter and who do I find sitting there? HILL Hiker and Chez11! Finally some familiar faces. We chatted for a while around the table catching up. I am now in my tent hopefully to SLEEP! Got a big day tomorrow! Trying to get to Daleville by Tueday.
HAPPY TRAILS! Rovious

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your foot but glad you met up with familiar faces. Hope the rain subsides and your foot mends without too much more pain. Take care and keep "hiking your dream!"
    love, mom & dad
    PS, dad is back from camp and has a bear story to tell you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you took the advice and tried to find some type of support for your foot. Maybe some type of neoprene sleeve would help at least for some part of the day. Stress fractures only heal by staying off of it and that's not an option for you right now. Keeep taking the advil too.Don't be stubborn. Sorry to hear about your camera. Hope it wasnt a real expensive one. I'll keep hoping the rain stops for ya. Really need to stop trying to head butt doors too, they don't break like you do. HaHa. Keep hiking. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete