Sunday, May 6, 2012

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike - Day 36 mile 476.3 (9.65)



No folks I did not give up! :)
I still have some things weighing on my mind , but overall I feel much better about things. Leaving Damascus today and having Virginia ahead of me doesn't feel that daunting. Since I will finally be hitting trail that I haven't actually hiked before (after Troutdale) seems like things are being renewed a bit.
I rejoined Hill Hiker today which helps things out. Even though we dont hike together during the day we usually camp at the same location so we always have a familiar face at the end of the day.
The trail was very good to me today. The weather was nice (although getting much warmer) and the grade was moderate.
I am now at Saunders Shelter with Hill Hiker, our tents set up and about to get water for cooking and such.
Thanks to everyone for the concern, comments and emails.
Happy Trails! ROVIOUS
Sent with Verizon Mobile Email

2 comments:

  1. I know it is hard hiking all those miles, but what a perfect place to reflect and think things out. Hope all is going well. Glad to have you back on line. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, good to know all is still going well and your not frozen to a boulder there somewhere. The weather sure has been up and down for you. Missed not knowing where you were but glad that things have brightened up for you. Keep smiling and good hiking today.

    Cheers, Dad

    ReplyDelete