Saturday, May 12, 2012

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike 2012 - Marion,VA Zero Day (Day 42)



I really don't like taking multiple zero days, but I arrived in Atkins, VA a day early and had no way of adapting my schedule where my wife could pick me up on the weekend.  I stayed in a motel/inn in Atkins, VA for an extra day to accomodate our schedule. It just so happened that the weather had eased up and would have been perfect for hiking. Oh well....a small trade off to see my wife.
I have Virginia ahead of me and although the longest state on the trail does not seem daunting to me at all.  After Troutdale, VA (which I have recently come through) the trail is completely virgin territory to me. This makes me feel like I am really just starting the trail so where the newness that most hikers have experienced is starting to wear off the beginning just seems to be starting for me.
My body feels really good and I feel in the best cardio shape that I have in years.
I can't wait to see what Virginia has in store for me.....hopefully not as much rain as I have been seeing lately :)

No comments:

Post a Comment