Sunday, May 13, 2012

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike 2012 - day 43 mile 556.1 (13.9)

First Happy Mothers day to my Mom, Mother-in-law and wife (yes dogs count as kids too :) ).
I had a nice weekend with my wife in Marion, VA while at the General Francis Marion Hotel. A very nice place with an excellent restaraunt.
Headed back to Atkins and was on the trail by 11:30. There were quite a few PUDS (pointless Ups and Downs) which made the elevation profile look a little daunting at first look, but the grade wound up being ok.
Made it to Knot Maul Shelter by 4:45. The rain started around 4 (cant seem to stay dry) and the forcast is calling for rain until Tuesday. I might even sleep in the shelter tonight as I am the only one here now.

1 comment:

  1. Great videos and blogs on your site. Sorry its still raining. Glad you and Lisa had a good time and good talking to you both.

    I just stopped at the library in Bradford to let you know I made it okay.
    Today is now bright and sunny. It started out damp and foggy here on the mountainv but has improved immensely.Off to moving, weed whacking and general repairs.

    Talk to you soon.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete