Sunday, July 29, 2012

Insanity Program - Week 2 Summary

     Two weeks down as of today!! It has been a rough two weeks, but I can definitely tell a difference already.  Not so much in the way I look, but more in the way I feel. As you can tell from the picture above I have dropped about 5 pounds since my initial weigh in.  More importantly I have dropped around 3% body fat.  That is the most important thing for me right now.  I will start checking my blood pressure this week at work to see how truly healthy I am getting as this is the most important part of my program.
     My diet has been going surprisingly well.  I do have cravings for comfort food on a regular basis and it's not helping that every time I turn on the television there are commercials for Wendy's Baconator and now 2 for $5 Arby Beef and Cheddars :).  My wife and I have been rewarding ourselves once a week with a night out at a restaurant for a "Cheat Meal". I thoroughly look forward to every Saturday night when I can indulge in one fat filled meal :).
     If you have been following my routine under the "Exercise" tab you may have noticed that the morning cardio has slipped by the way side.  After spending an hour in the gym followed by the intense workout of the Insanity program I don't have much energy left to get up early and jump on the elliptical before heading to work.  I would love to be tough and fight through that, but the truth is that after pushing through my afternoon workouts I feel pretty tired in the mornings. 
     As this pertains to hiking.....As I mentioned before most of us spend so much time trying to weed all the extra ounces out of our packs and forget about the extra rolls we carry on our body.  My ultimate goal on this front is to limit the extra amount of weight I carry once I am able to get back out on the trail.  I am not looking so much and the amount I weigh, but the unnecessary fat that I carry on my frame.  I would love to get that 23.5% number down to 10% by the fall.
     Back at tomorrow!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment