Saturday, July 14, 2012

Insanity or just Insane?

   
     Due to my recent injuries and the couch miles quickly piling up I will need to turn to a new form of excitement in my life.  My wife wanted to get the Insanity workout series and wanted me to do it with her for motivation (I think it's more to torture me and get a good laugh while doing it though:) ).  Although my workout style usually revolves around using weights in the gym and hiking for cardio/endurance training this was something I really didn't see myself doing.  To be a good husband I agreed to be her inspirational partner and use this as a way to get myself into good shape for the fall hiking season.
     First....don't look for embarrassing pictures of me shirtless!! :)  I will document my journey through this endeavor on this site so others can see if this is for them, if it really works, how true I can be and so friends and family can get a good laugh at my expense. :)
     I will be doing this in addition to my weekly gym routine and my new cardio program (which is just my elliptical).  I will also document my diet that I will be using during the course of the program.
     I better put a disclaimer in here....I in know way claim to be an expert in any of this and do not declare this is the ultimate program for all.  I am simply doing this to get myself in good shape (since leaving the trail I have been putting on a few unwanted pounds).  I hope anyone who happens upon this can see what works and what doesn't work for ME so they can make an educated decision on creating a workout regimen that will work for THEM.
     Wish me luck!!!! I will need it :)
Rovious

No comments:

Post a Comment