Wednesday, March 21, 2012

More Trail Food - Black Beans, Spicy Sausage and Rice



 The above video will give you an idea of my latest concoction that I adapted from a soup recipe that I had found and tried at home.  It tastes very good!!


My dehydrator has been running just about non stop since last week.  It only gets a short rest break while I am emptying the dried contents and replacing it with fresh. 

I believe the dehydrated meals that I am doing myself are saving quite a bit of money as well as providing me with a much healthier alternative to freeze dried meals.  Don't get me wrong I have a good supply of those as well in my menu planning. 

I am trying to provide as much variety as I possibly can so I don't get bored and sick of eating the same thing over and over.



I hope you enjoy the recipe!!!

Happy Trails!

Rovious

No comments:

Post a Comment