Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike 2012 - Day 80 mile 1140.9 (11.4)

Hit the trail at 7am with the intention of making Duncannon by noon. Was hoping to meet my friend there, but unfortunately a last minute meeting would not allow it.
The day was filled with nothing but rocks which I thought would slow us down. Even though it did we made it to town by 11:40am. We ate wings and drank a couple beers at the Doyle Hotel (an AT landmark, but run down). The staff there are very nice people and I would definately recommend stopping by for a bite and a pint.
I headed to the post office to pick up my drop box and mail a couple things home.
I am now at the StarDust Motel an doing chores like laundry and such. The feet are actually getting worse (didn't think that was possible). My left achilles is swollen pretty bad. I am going to head to the ice machine after I hit the shower and wash the stank off so I can tollerate myself. :)
Sent with Verizon Mobile Email

2 comments:

  1. I haven't posted in a while. Glad to see you're trying to keep going, but hate to hear you don't have a good ankle to stand on. Your post is from Tuesday, so let us know if you are still going (hope you are). One step and one day at a time. You are definitely giving it your all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run down is putting it nicely, but the wings and beer makes up for the accommodations.

    Be proud of your stank :)

    ReplyDelete