Sunday, June 17, 2012

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike 2012 - Day 78 mile 1103.2 (17.1)

Woke up at 5am this morning, but did not crawl out of the tent until 5:45. Hit the trail by 6:30 and made it to the AT half way sign by 9am. Big milestone!
Made it to Pine Grove Furnace by 10am for the half gallon challenge. I ate mint chocolate chip ice cream and finished in 37 minutes. I washed it down with a burnt hamburger :)
Started seeing some of PA's rocks today, but I know the worst is still to come:)
made it to camp by 4pm and will try to knock a few more chapters out of my book.
Happy fathers day to my dad, my father inlaw and all other Pops out there!
Sent with Verizon Mobile Email

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congratulations on meeting the half-gallon challenge! Oh, yeah, and on reaching the halfway point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We are so happy and proud. Hope your feet stay okay. Take care and "keep hiking your dream!"
    love, M & D

    ReplyDelete