Sunday, June 17, 2012

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike 2012 - Day 77 mile 1086.1 (10)

Got dropped off by 11:30 and headed off. Within 15 minutes of hiking I ran into Hill Hiker. It was nice to meet back up with him once again. We lost Chez11 as part of our group (for reasons I will not go in to).
We stopped at a shelter where we ran into a Ridge Runner. The funny part is that he recognized me. He did a Thru Hike last year and he happened to see me, Marta and Becki on one of our weekend outings. Small world!
The day went very quick and we made it to the shelter by 4pm. Not a bad pace for all the BS'ing we did along the way. The shelter had 2 cubscout groups at it so it was packed. The kids were all very well behaved and nice to be around. I climbed into my tent around 8 and read for a while before turning in for the night.
On a side note....the foot was killing me by the end of the day! :(
Sent with Verizon Mobile Email

No comments:

Post a Comment