Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dehydrated Trail Food - Spaghetti with meat sauce, mushrooms and peas



This is my version of pasta with meat sauce, mushrooms and peas.  I apologize for the blurry video during some sections.  This recipe can be adjusted to suit your personal needs and also used with a store bought pasta sauce. I spent under $20 to make a batch which produced 16 5.5oz servings.  I hope you enjoy the recipe and please feel free to leave comments about your modifications.  Thanks for taking the time to watch and I hope this helps in planning meals for your future hikes.

2 comments:

  1. Rovious
    Congratulations on the decision to thru hike this year, are you planning to dehydrate the majority of your meals?
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on doing a combination of my own dehydrated meals, freeze dried meals and a combination of instant sides (like the knorr meals)with my own addition of dehydrated vegetables and meats. I eat fairly well/healthy while I am at home and trail food gets old to me after a few days. This is quite a dilemma for me and I'm trying to do the best that I can to accommodate my appetite while out on the trail.

      Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I hope to have much more to add as this trip materializes.

      Delete