Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week of Ups and Downs

If you have been following my "Exercise" tab from the home page you may have noticed that I have not updated the past few days.  This is in large part to me hurting my back and not being able to hit the gym or the Insanity program.  I have had to take a few days off to rest and recuperate before getting back into it. 

I have truly missed working out the past few days and the resulting depressed feeling has been reflected in my diet.  I have fallen off the wagon and indulged quite a bit over the past couple days.  I will not lie and say that I didn't thoroughly enjoy the pizza, Chinese food and the homemade tacos my wife is currently making.  Tomorrow I will hit it hard!!! I already have my food prepped and ready to go!!!

I will also be back at the gym tomorrow and start back at the Insanity program.  I am going to start last weeks schedule over again with the only exception being Monday's Fit Test.  I am going to just do one of the programs full workouts tomorrow and do Tuesday-Saturday as week 3 all over again.

I have had a few questions sent my way as how this all pertains to my hiking.  The answer is simply this... The better shape I am when I hit the trail the more enjoyable the hiking will be.  As I mentioned before just looking at the weight in the pack doesn't really reflect ALL of the extra weight I take with me. Also, I am doing this to get myself into better health.  As I creep towards middle age I know I have to make sure to take care of this more so than anything else.  I really want to keep at my hiking and adventurous lifestyle for years to come and I will need my optimal health to do so.

I have a couple camping trips coming up over the next few weeks so stay tuned for trip reports!! I also have a couple new toys to try out so I will try to get some products reviews up as well.

Until then...Happy Trails!!!

Rovious

No comments:

Post a Comment