Thursday, April 19, 2012

AT Thru Hike 2012 - mile 255.9 (15)

DAY 19
Today started off with less than perfect weather. When I arrived at the top of Snowbird Mtn I could hardly see the aviation tower from the trail due to the heavy cloud cover.
There was a huge amount of elevation gain and descent today which tired me out a bit, but Max Patch had 360 degree views so I layed down in the field on top for 2 hours. The views were spectacular so I didn't mind staying put for a bit. I am at Roaring Fork shelter for the evening (tenting).

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fairly flat,grassy spot on the mountain top. Elevation must be high there. Another day and in to Hot Springs...keep smiling.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful views, we're so proud of you
    take care, happy hiking!
    love,mom

    ReplyDelete