Sunday, April 22, 2012

AT Thru Hike 2012 - Day 22 mile 284.9 (11)

Today was another hard day! Not because of the trail or anything physical, but emotionally. The one thing that I thought might get me off trail before I left was missing my wife and dogs too much. Having to say goodbye again today was almost too much. My wife has been a real trooper through all this and really helped to get me back on trail. Thanks Babe!
It rained all day and by the time I made it to Spring Mtn shelter I was drenched and frozen (40 degrees right now). I got into dry clothes after setting up my tent and am already in the sleeping bag to keep warm. It will definately be a long night!

1 comment:

  1. immortal words of grandma "think positive!"
    My heart goes out to you. Stay warm, stay safe
    Keep walking that dream!
    love, M & D

    ReplyDelete