Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike-Day 53 mile 722.5 (9.4)

Rained again last night. Comanchie pulled the dog into the shelter fortunately (he was against the wall so it didn't bother any of the other hikers). I woke up early and headed out at 6:30 to get into Daleville and hopefully reunite the dog with her owner.
The trail was pretty easy going so I moved at an ok pace. We ran into a retarded turkey who ran back and forth in front of me 4 or 5 times making the dog go crazy. Finally it ran off and I calmed the dog down so we could move on.
We made it to town aat 10:30. Just before getting off trail we ran into an older gentleman who had a dog that looked just like Babe. I explained the dogs story and we moved on to the vets. When I arrived to drop the dog off they seemed reluctant to hold her until the owner could be located. The gentlman that we met on the trail had called the vet while we were there and said he was going to pay for the boarding (this was unknown to us until after we left-heck of a nice gesture and just the type of
Sent with Verizon Mobile Email

No comments:

Post a Comment