Saturday, May 12, 2012

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike 2012 - Day 39 mile 530.6 (19.7)



It only sprinkled last night for about 30 minutes so I figured the bad weather may finally be moving through, but I was wrong. The rain toyed with me most of the day requiring me to put on and take off the rain gear multiple times.
I decided to press on past Troutdale since word on the trail was the restaraunt had closed down and the idea of real food was the only reason I was going to stop.
I made it to Partnership shelter around 4pm. This shelter was not a typical AT shelter by any means. It had a shower and you can also have pizza delivered to it. Hill Hiker and I split one making the longer day worth it. Sleeping in the shelter tonight (which is not something I really like doing - like the solitude of my tent).

No comments:

Post a Comment