Monday, July 16, 2012

I must be Insane to have started this!!!

Day 1 of workout program....
     I will be posting my workout routines and daily diets under the exercise tab for anyone interested in following along with my program (I am not a dietitian so please only take this as what I have designed for myself).
     First let me start by saying this little endeavor was a lot to bite off coming from riding the couch for the past 3 weeks.  Hitting the elliptical at 6:30 this morning was tough enough, but to then follow it with work, a gym workout, doing yard work and then doing the Insanity Fit Test tore me up!!!
     My diet was actually the easiest thing I did today.  Although my coworkers had plenty of goodies to offer I resisted the temptation and stayed true to my somewhat bland diet.  I don't think this will get hard for a couple days, but I'm sure it won't be long before I start to get cravings for ice cream and my favorite....white cheddar popcorn!!!
     The reason that I am doing this is not for vanity or to get a rock hard beach body (though it would be a nice bi product :) ).  The real reason is so I can lose some unwanted fat which will ultimately lower the amount of weight I have to carry over mountains once I can return to hiking.  I know most of us spend countless hours trying to figure out how to wean every unnecessary ounce out of our packs to get the lowest base weight possible, but what about all that extra fat that we carry on our bodies?  I know it takes a toll on me!!!  Another important reason for me is to feel cardiovascularly healthy.  After spending months on the trail I can't begin to state how much better I felt and how much more invigorated I felt towards life in general.  I want to keep that feeling going and being healthy and active seems to play a big part in that.
     Day 1 down and 59 more to go !!!!

Rovious

No comments:

Post a Comment