Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike 2012 - zeros in Pennsylvania

I apologize for not updating this for anyone following my little adventure. I have been on the fence for a little while now whether or not I could continue. My foot has been causing me problems for quite some time now and i have been contemplating making my scheduled visit with family being the end of my journey. Before putting the possibility out there and getting asked a number of questions I decided to wait until I came up with something definitive.
I have decided to continue on further and go as far as my foot will take me. I am not going to continue until I hurt myself permanantly, but I will continue on with my hiking companions for as long as the foot holds up.
I will be getting back on trail this coming Saturday and push on north.
I have taken just about everything out of my pack to lower my base weight as much as possible to take some impact off of my foot. The only other piece of equipment I could downsize is my tent (which I absolutely love my Double Rainbow). Unfortunately buying a new one is out of my budget. The only other tent that I would consider getting is the Six Moons Designs Lunar Solo (2012 model that is being released June 13, 2012). This would lower my base weight by another pound.
Anyway.....I will make sure to keep everyone posted once I return back to the trail.
Thanks to everyone who has been following!!!
Happy Trails! - Rovious

No comments:

Post a Comment