Monday, June 18, 2012

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike 2012 - Day 79 mile 1129.5 (26.3)

Started hiking again today by 6:30. The morning started off pretty good. The humidity wasn't too bad and it was overcast. It started raining around 9am which was actually pleasant to walk in because it is getting pretty warm. It did however make it hard to navigate the rock maze that we had to traverse. The walking was otherwise easy going since the terrain was relatively flat.
The big issue has been with my foot (or should I say now both wheels). My right foot with the stress fracture hurts something aweful. Every step feels like a knife is being stuck through it. Since I have been favoring it I have been over using my left. Today I noticed a sharp pain below my calf muscle. It is now swollen, red and extremely painful. It looks like a small tear in my calcaneal tendon. So now I have two very flat tires.
tomorrow we head into Duncannon. Looking forward to a short 12 mile day!
Sent with Verizon Mobile Email

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making the 1/2 way point. Quite an accomplishment. I know you are distressed about the foot not getting better and now that other leg giving you problems. I worry about you as well. I know Hill Hiker will keep an eye on you and let you know when or if enough is enough. Take it one step as a time. Best to you always.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete