Friday, April 25, 2014

Springer Fever has taken over!

It seems like it's been forever since I have posted anything.
Frome the picture above one may guess (correctly) that I am just outside of Springer Mountain. I took this pic around 3 o'clock this afternoon just before heading North on the Appalachian Trail.
I am not heading out to conquer the entire AT, but just enjoying a long weekend in the woods ending up at Neel's Gap.
Todays hike has gone better than expected. We were spared the rain and treated to a day of clear blue skies, breeze and beautiful views still open as the leaves have not fully blocked the way. The body is definetly out of shape, but the sights and peace being out in nature will be more than worth a little soreness.
I've just climbed into my tent and with hopefully drift off to sleep quickly listening to the wind taking in the fresh air.
Until tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment