Friday, July 19, 2013

Dealing with Bugs (Mosquitoes) on Trail...



     As I'm sure most of you have experienced when hiking in the woods, bugs can be a very challenging nuisance to deal with. They fly in your eyes, nose and ears!!! Bite you leaving welts, itching and in some cases bruises (yes bruises...When I came back from the JMT in California I had smacked my arms so many times from mosquitoes that I had bruises up and down my arms).
     How do you deal with these little pests?  Good question! I have been trying many different scenarios out over the years and so far this is what I have come up with.  This by no means completely solves the problem, but has helped quite a bit considering.  If you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments section below of this blog or the video so others can learn from your experiences.  I will post a follow up to this after my trip and let everyone know how I fared.

Happy Trails.....
Rovious

No comments:

Post a Comment